Pictures: Success!

OK, so I got home tonight and pulled out the ol’ camera manual and figured out how to get it to take halfway decent pictures of my mini. Here is what Sir Theo looks like after the first night of painting (basecoat applied).

Sir Theo, front, with basecoat applied

Sir Theo, front, with basecoat applied

 

Sir Theo, back, with basecoat applied

Sir Theo, back, with basecoat applied

Obviously, there’s room for improvement in the photo-taking department as well as the painting. I’m pretty pleased with the basecoat, though. I took the advice of several tutorials, and found a 10-pack of sable brushes to use. It included several very fine (small) brush tips that made it much easier to do the detail work than I remember from my previous attempt. Also, I have stuck the base of the mini to the top of a medicine bottle with poster tack to aid in holding and tilting the miniature while painting.

I have a Canon PowerShot A720 IS digital camera, and used the mode called Tv with the following settings applied: 

  • ISO: 80
  • Lighting: Fluorescent
  • Exposure: Center Weighted Average
  • Size: 2M (1600×1200)

Everything else I left on default settings. I used a blue t-shirt as a background and my painting light as the illumination.

Advertisements

0 Responses to “Pictures: Success!”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




Current project:


A slew of Wood Elves

Cat:

October 2008
S M T W T F S
    Nov »
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031  

RSS Qazzi’s Progress

  • An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.

%d bloggers like this: